Wednesday 19 March 2014

Bodybuilding Snack: Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds

I got bored of eating plain almonds as a snack so one day I decided to cover my almonds in dark chocolate for a change; the result was surprisingly good. I used dark chocolate (90% coco) which is low in sugar and high in antioxidants. The whole process took less then five minutes to make.

Recipe
Almonds
Dark chocolate

Method
I melted the dark chocolate in a bowl inside of a saucepan of boiling water. Once the chocolate had melted I took the bowl out of the saucepan; put in the almonds and mixed around. Using a spoon I picked each almond out and placed onto a plate. I then chilled in the fridge until the chocolate hardened.

Tip
To know exactly how much dark chocolate I've used once it has melted; I first weighed the empty bowl before putting anything in it. The chocolate that is left stuck in the bowl after the recipe I weighed again and deducted to find out how much chocolate had been used on the almonds to keep track of my calories

Covering almonds in chocolate
Covering almonds in chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment