Saturday 22 March 2014

My Approach To A Cheat Day

The way I approach a cheat day is to first look ahead and plan where I can fit one into my schedule. I normally try fitting them in on birthdays, special occasions or weekend nights.

My approach is to little by little reduce my daily calorie intake leading up to a cheat day (about 100-150 calories per day) Once my cheat day arrives, I would have built up a deficit of a couple hundred calories to be used on the day, without affecting my normal weekly average consumption of calories if I had not had a cheat day.

Sometimes, depending on how overboard I went on my cheat day; I might still reduce my calorie intake for a day or two after to bring my weekly calorie consumption back to an average. I also make sure I consume lots of water and get some healthy nutrients on the day besides all the sweets, cakes and alcohol.

To summarise, I reduce slightly my daily calories leading up to and sometimes after a cheat day. This way it hardly makes a dent in my weekly and monthly average of calories consumed and, best of all no guilty feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment